Services and Amenities
You’ll have plenty of time to explore what’s happening on campus at Oakwood Village University Woods. Not sure where and how to start? A host of services and amenities available on campus may meet many of your needs. If we don’t have it here, we’ll help you get to the right place.
- A community dining room that also offers private dining areas residents can reserve for special occasions
- The Center for Arts and Education– a first-class performing arts center and lecture hall
- A nine-acre nature preserve with walking trails
- Three rooftop gardens in the Heritage Oaks building
- Hobby and craft studios
- Oakwood Art Gallery
- The Garden Terrace Bistro - featuring wood fired pizzas, paninis, salad bar, and more
- The Oakleaf Shop and Cafe serving lunch weekdays, offering a selection of seasonal items and gifts
- A well-stocked library
- A barber/beauty salon
- A well-equipped exercise room with group instruction led by qualified instructors
- The beautiful Resurrection Chapel
- Lounges, gardens and patios for relaxation and conversation
- Bus transportation to local shopping centers
Life Enrichment at University Woods
Life's explorations continued could include retracing the steps of Lincoln, taking a weaving class, birdwatching, keeping up with current events or attending a performance by the Oakwood Chamber Players. The wide range of programming is driven by our residents' interests. Many lectures and performances feature residents who are artists and retired faculty.
TODAY: July 22nd, 2017
10:00am Tai Chi Vitality Studio
10:30am A Dozen Midwesterners DVD (Johnny Carson) Tabor Great Room
1:00pm Cards and Board Games Oaks Meeting/Exercise Room
1:30pm Mah Jongg Heritage Social Room
6:30pm Film Arts Center
TOMORROW: July 23rd, 2017
9:30am Morning Worship Resurrection Chapel
11:00am Morning Worship Resurrection Chapel
6:00pm Euchre Tournament Oakleaf Shop and Cafe
"My love of photography started with documenting my personal travels and outdoor adventures so it's no surprise that even my portrait work is strongly influenced by landscape. I lean toward a clean, classic style. Simple, genuine expressions captured in meaningful surroundings."
"Immediate access to the world"
"You still have freedom"
"Something for everyone"
“The grounds crew does a wonderful job attending to the environment inside and out. The immediate access to the natural world is right outside my door to enjoy at any time.”
“If something goes wrong with our health, we have help and assistance. No more lawn mowing when it's warm and no more snow shoveling during those Wisconsin winters. I like to think of it as 'easy living.'”
“You will meet so many wonderful people that live and work here. Be assured that you still have the freedom to do many things on your own and maintain your independence.”
“I still find it fascinating to be around young people. I enjoy teaching. My greatest pleasure is seeing the light bulb turn on above student's heads.”
“Quote from this resident ”
“I love the arts programs; they are so extensive. There really is something offered for everyone's musical taste and artistic abilities.”