Clinical Pastoral Education
Developing the Next Generation of Healthcare Chaplains
CPE is an interfaith educational process which serves as the standard training paradigm for healthcare chaplains. Students develop a new awareness of themselves as persons and the needs of those to whom they minister through supervised reflection, collegial feedback and peer support.
CPE at Oakwood Village provides a wide range of ministry opportunities throughout the continuum of senior living and elder care. As we say at Oakwood, “People Thrive Here.”
Our work at Oakwood is driven by dedication to our core values of Compassion, Faith, Inclusion, Integrity, and Dedication.
In serving the pastoral needs of the Oakwood community, students will quickly learn that this environment is mutually enriching due to the vast experiences and collective wisdom present. It is our privilege to assist in the formation of future ministers and chaplains for our sponsoring congregations and beyond.
2022-23 Clinical Pastoral Education Offerings
Applicants should be enrolled in or have completed a graduate level seminary program (or equivalent as determined by Application Interview Committee).
20-Week Internship Program Dates
July 11, 2022 – November 25, 2022
December 5, 2022 – April 21, 2023
May 8, 2023 – September 22, 2023
Rolling Application Process/Limited Enrollment
- Weekly Peer Group Session (online)
- Weekly Individual Supervision (online)
- Weekly Didactic Instruction/Study (online)
- Clinical Rotation (Independent Living, Assisted Living, Health and Rehab, Memory Care, Hospice)
- Weekly Corporate Worship/Spiritual Life Offerings
- Mentorship and site supervision by Board Certified Chaplain staff
- Tuition is $2,000 per unit (Scholarships are available up to 75% of tuition)
- Complete ACPE Application. (Please select ‘Extended Unit.’)
- Complete Oakwood Pastoral Care Foundation scholarship application.
- Email application to Mary Bjorklund, Talent & Human Resources Director, Mary.Bjorklund@oakwoodvillage.net
- Interview with Admission Interview Committee.