Religion & Pastoral Care
In alignment with the Mission and Values of Oakwood Lutheran Senior Ministries, the Department of Religion and Pastoral Care is dedicated to providing high-quality clinical pastoral care to Oakwood residents, their loved ones, and staff members. This is achieved through interdisciplinary collaboration/referrals, compassionate outreach, and spiritual life programming. More specifically, chaplains ensure that residents are screened and assessed for religious and/or spiritual needs, and are responsible for meeting those needs, either through direct intervention or facilitating the appropriate referral, as well as ongoing care planning.
There's so much insight and wisdom here. Being in this community of residents has given me more than I could have imagined. I'm honored to be a presence here.
All services are open to residents, their visitors, and staff members.
Prairie Ridge-Tree of Life Chapel
- Weekly Worship Service, Sundays at 10:00am
- Weekly Vespers Service, Wednesdays at 4:00pm
- Roman Catholic Mass, 1st/3rd Fridays (and 5th if applicable) at 10:30am
University Woods-Resurrection Chapel
- Weekly Worship Service, Sundays at 11:00am
- Bimonthly Roman Catholic Mass, 2nd/4th Fridays at 10:00am
- Monthly Shabbat Service, 3rd Fridays at 3:00pm
Oakwood Lutheran Senior Ministries is proud to partner with Sankofa Center to provide an accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program.